The Solano Community Foundation is dedicated to strengthening our community both now and for future generations. We are a grantmaker, awarding grants that make a real difference. The Foundation is a vehicle for the philanthropy of individuals, corporations, and organizations that have concern for Solano County, and desire to make a lasting contribution. We provide leadership in the communities we serve, and act as an effective, independent arena for addressing difficult issues and/or advocating for needed programs, services or policies.
The mission of Solano Community Foundation is to:
- Encourage private giving for public good,
- Build and maintain permanent endowments to respond to changing community needs,
- Provide flexible tax-exempt vehicles for donors with varied charitable interests and abilities to give,
- Serve as a catalyst and resource to effectively respond to community problems, and
- Strengthen the nonprofit sector through capacity-building trainings, workshops, and research tools for donor identification.
Solano Community Foundation is a public charity, and affords donors the maximum tax benefits of charitable giving. With your support, we continuously strive to:
- Provide financial resources to support local projects
- Help donors shape and realize their philanthropic dreams for permanent good.
- Make charitable giving simple, efficient, and effective for both donors and fund recipients.
- Create a deep and lasting positive impact on the quality of life in Solano County.