FOUNDATION DIRECTORY ONLINE
The Foundation Directory Online, a component resource of the Foundation Center's Cooperating Collection, is a very large, comprehensive, and easily accessible online database. Available at the Solano Community Foundation, the Collection includes publications and nonprofit literature in addition to the easily searchable database. SCF offers three computer workstations and printers dedicated to the Foundation Directory Online (FDO), in addition to Collection materials.
THE FOUNDATION DIRECTORY ONLINE (FDO)
- Hours & Location -
The Foundation Directory Online is one of many resources of the SCF Cooperating Collection of the Foundation Center. The collection materials and FDO access is available to the public for free, and located at the Foundation’s offices at 470 Chadbourne Road, 2nd floor, Suite D, in Fairfield. There is some orientation training required to begin using the online database and resources. Foundation staff members are available to train and assist new users. Please call 707-399-3846 to make an appointment for the brief training session. SCF offers access to the Collection resources Monday through Friday, from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM. As SCF is closed on weekends and holidays.
FOUNDATION DIRECTORY ONLINE FACTS
- The online database actually contains 9 comprehensive, searchable databases. In addition to searching grantmakers, companies, grants, and 990s, FDO Professional has a new Power Search tool which will also search RFPs, news, jobs, foundation-sponsored publications, and nonprofit literature.
- The interactive maps and charts profile feature will show a foundation's grants geographically--right down to grantee zip codes--and by recipient type or primary subject, with three levels of detail.
- The database contains information on over 100,000 foundations, corporate donors, and grantmaking public charities with over 54 search fields.
- FDO contains information on over 2.7 million recent grants awarded by funders.
- There are more than 500,000 trustee, officer, and donor names fully indexed.
- Users can access over 925,000 IRS Form 990s filed by funders, and searchable by key-words.
- The database includes links to the funder's own website allowing immediate access to specific information on their grant guidelines, submission deadlines, contact information, and sampling of grants made.
- FDO is complemented by the Cooperating Collection of printed materials, including foundation directories, funding guides, periodicals, and books written on subjects of interest to nonprofit professionals and funders.